That is the cutest elephant sprite and animations. I love it!
Elephant Game DEMO
A downloadable game
This is the first playable build of my current Elephant-based project. Feel free to let me know if there are any bugs/broken things that occur while you play! It's a very short demo (should only take a few minutes to complete) so give it a shot if you feel like it!
A & D = Move & Swim Left/Right
W & S = Climb Up/Down Ladders & Swim Up/Down
W + A & D = Climb up adjacent 1-tile high blocks, assuming you're facing them and
close enough, and you're not swimming/climbing a ladder/falling
S = Lift object when facing liftable objects (mostly Pots, Chests, and Statue Pieces here), when close enough, and when standing on solid ground
S + Carrying liftable object = Place carried object down, assuming there is space for it in front of you in the direction you're facing
- Most liftable objects will despawn if moved from their starting locations, left behind in a room, or placed/dropped outside of a room. If you get stuck because you've placed blocks and trapped yourself, just wait for a minute! They should clear themselves out, and allow you to reset the room!
- Chests can be difficult to unlock. Applying a great deal of force to them can sometimes pop them open though.
- Some of our Elephant friend's current powers may be missing initially if/when I make a full game of this. However, they've decided that they can share a fraction of their true power for the sake of the demo.
I hope you all enjoy!
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Cool, but I carried that statue half all the way to the plinth, and placed it on the side of the screen and it disappeared :(
The way he waddles up the stairs ;3; I cry. Best game 10/10 would buy merch of the elephant puppper
this is cute! i like the yellow pipe motif, it's clean but iconic. i wish the controls were a little more responsive
Cute demo, I like the idea behind it. My only problems:
- the slow movement of the player actions/movement - it make me just hold the button and wait for a long time
- climbing needs W and R, I think it should be directly happen when you walk toward the area to climb without W since you can't push objects around. If you can push objects around then it make sense in its current form.
Thanks a lot for supporting HTML version of the game :)